Saturday, August 4, 2007

Vegan Pal 2 Questionnaire

Vegan pal 2 sounds like a ton of fun! I can't wait to make and unmake a magic yarn ball!!

1. What is/are your craft(s), & how long have you been doing it/them?
I have been knitting for 4 years, actively sewing for 7, dyeing on and off for 7 years, I do a bit of screenprinting and tinker with spinning (wheels, I don't care for drop spindles)

2. Are you a vegan, vegetarian, veg-curious, veg-friendly or other?
I am a vegan.

3. What is/are your favorite color(s)? Do you particularly dislike any color(s)?
I do not like pastels, and black white and grey are not my favorites. Other than that I mostly like all colors, particularly rich/saturated ones. I do find blue a bit boring sometimes, and prefer the red end of purple.

4. Do you have any allergies (such as pets, foods, fibers or cigarette smoke)?
I have no allergies, but do not like cigarette smoke.

5. Do you have any companion animals? If so, name(s) and type(s)?
I have 2 cats, Scotty and Peanut.

6. Do you collect anything?
I try not to, though I am considering starting a pop-up book collection, and maybe wind up toys because they are so neat!

7. Do you have a favorite vegan food, snack or dish?
I like mushrooms, cherries, blueberries, chocolate

8. What are some of your favorite/least favorite tastes/flavors?
I like sweet, chocolate, savory, thai, indian, italian, medeterranean

9. What tools/supplies/accessories for your craft(s) are you wishing you had but don't? Also, what do you have TOO many of?
I'm not really wishing for anything in particular. I'd appreciate something I can't get at my LYS. I have plenty of needles and plenty of fabric and I don't want any mainstream magazines.

10. What type of handmade item would tickle your fancy? What don't you like?
I generally don't like crocheted garments. I like useful things. Unless they are supercute, in which case the cuteness makes up for the uselessness. Handmade things in general tickle my fancy.

11. Is there anything else you would like your pal to know about you?
I like recycled things and I also like environmentally friendly things. I mostly sew with hemp/organic cotton or recycled fabrics, though there is plenty of other fabric in my stash from when my resolve was not so strong. With yarn, I prefer natural fibers, I do not like synthetics and I do not like novelty yarn.

12. What scents do you like/dislike?
I dislike almost all artificial scents. Most natural scents (essential oils, spices, etc. ) are fine.

13. Do you prefer fall or Halloween or some other Autumn theme?
Halloween. It's the best holiday.

14. Just for fun - tell your favorite Halloween or Autumn related memory.
Halloween never seems to live up to my expectations. One that did was during my first year of college, in New Orleans. I went downtown with a fairy, a hawaiian girl, a nurse and someone just out of the shower. I was a tablecloth. Nothing in particular stands out in my mind besides a long kiss on bourbon street, I just remember it was a fun night.

2 comments:

me said...

Hi! I saw you on VeganPal2. You're Robyn's business partner, right? I just wanted to ask what date in Feb your b-day is, b/c I'm a Feb 79-er too and I thought it would be funny if we had the same b-day seeing as we're both vegan and crafty. =)

Anonymous said...

i've always thought screenprinting seemed super fun. thanks for joining the swap!