Thursday, April 17, 2008

It's Bike Season!

This is my bike. I got it last year near the end of the summer. Isn't it pretty? Today I rode it to work for the first time this year. I've decided to set a goal for myself to ride my bike 92 days this year (no, it's not random, it's 1/4 of the days in a year). It shouldn't be too hard, but I think it will make me ride it more than if I didn't have a goal. 2 down, 90 to go.
Also, it seems like a lot of people are starting diets and I'd like to loose a little belly fat, so maybe I should start one too. Diets for me really just involve being more aware of what I am eating (yesterday, being on a diet meant picking most of the breading off of my onion rings.) Anyhow, I decided to look up how many calories I should ideally be getting per day. You always think that 2000 is like the normal, average amount. Well, I only get 1400! Harumph!

2 comments:

Robyn Wade said...

Good goal. I finally brought my bike lock home so I can start riding again as soon as I do a quick tune-up.

Anonymous said...

Super cute bike! I should do that too. I live so close to work. I'll have to start pricing bikes...